Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall in Southern Oregon

The drive through the Redwoods was incredible. Eventually, in the dark, I made my way to my couchsurfing host Jared's house in Grants Pass. He didn't get home until decently late, but allowed me to let myself in. He had been consoling a friend who is in the midst of a divorce. When he did get home, we chatted for a bit. He's a cool guy, fellow traveler who is currently a masonry foreman.


This morning I took the backroads to Rupp's house in Ashland. Very pretty drive, it is certainly fall with incredible foliage. When I got to her house, she had a bunch of birding resources written out for me by her advisor who is a birder. On of them worked, and I got this lifer AMERICAN DIPPER in Lithia Park!

1 comment:

  1. Video and all, nice! Thanks for calling me yesterday from the field...I almost felt like I was there...except for if I had been I would have actually SEEN this dipper. I am still mad jealous.

    I'm glad that you were able to stay with the Ruppster. Good luck with the traveling and seeing your lady. I look forward to November!

    ReplyDelete