Friday, September 4, 2009

New Engand, new (for the year)


On Tuesday, I said goodbye to Florida for a while, and flew up to Rhode Island. The Eric Lantz was willing to pick me up at the airport, and surprisingly to me, was up for birding the whole afternoon away.

The Eric Lantz and I did pretty well on the bird front, including Great Black-backed Gull, Pectoral Sandpiper, White-eyed Vireo, Cedar Waxwing, and House Wren. More importantly, saw some amazing sites along the rocky coast. Beaver Tail State Park in Jamestown was incredible.

We drove up to my mom's house Worcester to get my stuff packed up for the big trek. On the way we stopped at Purgatory Chasm. Pretty nice place, but i think it may be possessed by the devil.

The weirdest thing about the new birds of the last couple days are that the nicest (or my favorites, came from yards. At The Eric Lantz's house we got nice looks at a female Baltimore Oriole, and at my Mom's, a Ruby-throated Hummingbird. I guess that edge habitat is something!

No comments:

Post a Comment