Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thespian, Couchsurfing Host, and still a Birder

My last week+ has been marked by these three things, which I will explain in three paragraphs (not including this one).

Rosana has coerced me to be in her middle school play, A Midsummer Night's Dream. I'm playing the part of Lysander, and we will be doing our performance this Friday. It's crunch time.

We had a couchsurfer, Evan, who wasn't a complete stranger. I stayed with him at his home in Vancouver in November. he now finds himself completing a brewery tour of the U.S., and about to begin his hike up the Appalachian Trail throughout the summer. A good luck to him. Eva and Rupp also came by for a stay, which made for a busy night.

I have gotten some birding in. The spring migration fall-out has begun. With Evan, I checked out Matheson Hammock on Monday, and among tons of BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER and NORTHERN PARULA, I got to see one SWAINSON'S WARBLER, which is mildly uncommon in Florida during migration. It was new for my year. I've also helped Eva try to get the LA SAGRA'S FLYCATCHER at Bill Baggs State Park twice, and unfortunately, she has a new ABA nemesis bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment