Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Relaxifying

Saturday night, Rosana and I went to the Wynwood area of Miami for their monthly ArtWalk. We got a beer at the Titanic Brewery after, which is always nice.


Sunday afternoon, Rosana and I borrowed a couple bikes from her friends, and we got out to Shark Valley in the Everglades. This was a pretty awesome 15-mile loop that gave us some good looks at wading birds, tons of alligators, and a pretty high overlook into a wading bird colony, that in addition to the regulars, included lots of BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT HERON. The sun started setting on our way back, but we made it to the car before it got scary.


Monday I had a pretty boring day, cleaning the house, going food shopping, and getting Rosana's car an oil change. Tuesday I planned on getting a new belt installed, but since Rosana was sick from work, I took care of her a bit and then we went to the car place together.


Today I got up at 5am to head to the Everglades. When I went down to the car, I realized it had been broken into, as the passenger door was unlocked and the glove box and center box were left open. The only casualty of this experience was my MP3 player, and my egg and cheese sandwich that Charlie stole from the chair I left it on while were dealing with this. Since we called the police and waited for them, I aborted my attempt to go to the 'glades, as my target birds were early morning skulkers- KING RAIL and SEDGE WREN. Perhaps tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment