Thursday, September 2, 2010

Crunching the year's numbers

80 different places slept at.

12 of which were campsites in my tent, for a total of 16 camping nights.

28 places I stayed at were with the wonderful people who I'd never met until I showed up at their houses. A thank you to each of them is not nearly enough.

I received a meager income from 5 random jobs throughout the year, including: independent carpentry with Devin, URI's Ryan Center, Opinion Outpost, the Sunrise School of Miami, and the Miami Science Museum.

I traveled through 31 states and 1 Canadian Province (B.C.).

467 ABA countable birds. However, there are 12 non-countables that I saw throughout the year:

HILL MYNA
YELLOW-CHEVRONED PARAKEET
MITRED PARAKEET
BLUE AND YELLOW MACAW
CHESTNUT-FRONTED MACAW
MUSCOVY
EGYPTIAN GOOSE
GREYLAG GOOSE
PURPLE SWAMPHEN
BLACK-HOODED PARAKEET
PEAFOWL
RED-MASKED PARAKEET

So the number of wild, breeding birds in the U.S. and Canada that I observed this year was 479.

I added 167 lifers to my list, giving me a life list of 497 right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment